Friday, October 22, 2010

Splash of Color

The past few weeks, whenever I stopped by Home Depot or Lowe's, I'd grab a few of those glossy little paint-color books and toss them in my cart. Before too long, I had a big enough stack of 'em to keep a fire going in my dungeon all night long.

Kristin and I poured over the samples and photographs together, looking for lighter tones that would complement the earthy tones throughout our home. We ended up with a light peachish-tanish color for the family room, a deeper "Teepee" brown hue for the bathroom and stairway walls, and a oceany blue for the boys room and laundry.

They actually go together really well - they give a nice sense of change (not subtle, by any means, but not clashing either) as you move from one room to another. What do you think?





3 comments:

  1. I really like it! In fact I love it all. It's really good looking. And such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very professional looking! Warm and homey for a basement. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love the blue. great drywall angles and lighting too by the way!

    ReplyDelete